Head of Research & Insight
The talent should be future-focused, independent, creative and insightful with analytical thinking. He/she will need to manage the existing insight products whilst initiate new insight project/product with in-depth observation to consumer, brand, marketing and communication industry. The research and insight will sit together with marketing effectiveness and product experts as the dentsu China ME team to provide the best practice and thought leadership.
- Lead and manage the research and insight team. Motivate team members, collaborate with experts from different service lines across dentsu group.
- Actively involved in the new business development to provide insight support and be able to present in the pitch presentation
- Manage the existing syndicated insight product
- Initiate and manage new insight project to fulfill business needs
- Develop and publish insights report and thought leadership
- Provide guidance to team members, nurture and promote team environment
- Can manage multiple deliverables and ability to seamlessly transition among deliverables
- Builds relationships with internal teams to drive more insightful strategies and plans
- Builds relationships with clients to ensuring insights are solving for business challenges
- Drives thought leadership internally and externally, publish high quality of white paper
- Be a champion at the group for exploring and developing the new way to understand consumer insight by leveraging a new technology.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations
- Background can be from research company, creative, media agency, PR agency etc.
- University degree and above. Preferred Major: Marketing, Communication, Statistics & Psychology, Advertising
- Familiar with qualitative and quantitative research methods as well as understanding to big data analysis
- Industry category experience to be prioritized: FMCG (especially well-being), Female fashion/mother/baby products/Automotive.
- Has in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Expert in analysis and insight, audience approach and data analysis acumen
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence people internally and externally
- Good communication skills both in English and Chinese
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge of the digital landscape in China, its platforms, tools, technologies, players and channels and passion for Chinese social / digital marketing trend
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude in marketing, branding, and advertising is expected.
- Self-motivated, have the strong urge to explore truth and push boundaries for the best solutions.
- Manage a team that executes a range of marketing effectiveness analysis including Marketing Mix Modelling, Multi-Touch Attribution and other big data verification projects. You will propose, create and present actionable measurement framework and analytics solutions to internal and external audience.
- Work closely with senior client leaders to understand business challenges and strategic priorities. Use data and analytics thinking to crack the issues based on your industry understanding.
- Represent, advocate and build the awareness of Data2Decisions brand in China market. Create an environment where data & analytics professionals can develop their skills and grow their careers through taking on increased responsibility and adding value to the organization.
- Design and manage dashboards for a range of data, from media investment & performance to on-site metrics & business performance.Include robust visualisation aligned business objectives to make easier to understand for all relevant clients.
- A/B & multivariate testing
- Create set of rules to determine how credit for sales and conversions for different audiences are assigned to touchpoints in customer journey.
- Data sciences (AI/ML). Create artificial intelligence (AI) and/or machine learning (ML) models using client and third-party data.
- Build proprietary algorithms to interpret and/or predict data patterns.
- 10+ years of experience in data service & consulting with expertise in data management, advanced analytics and technology application.
- Proven ability to advise on enterprise-level data vision, strategy, and measurement framework.
- Deep knowledge in analytical techniques and hands-on in developing strategies and implementing solutions.
- Ability to convert business objectives into actionable plans with a data science approach, translating data insights into concrete business ideas, measurement approaches, even product development ideas.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical modeling (regression, cluster analysis, decision tree, A/B testing and attribution model).
- Demonstrated track record of building/training/managing teams in advanced analytics, strategic consulting and data management.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- To be co-leader of projects: delivering quality services and ensure the services provided to clients are timely and precise
- Be co-leader of MMM projects, including data collection/clinic, model building, key insights finding & reporting
- Handle customized research independently from initial to deliver
- Support pitches by providing necessary data/insight/solutions
- Implementing proprietary database and tools produce meaningful & relevant information and presentable graphic charts and reports
- Integrating multiple data sources to answer marketing/media issue
- Good relationship with different parties, including internal/external clients and vendors
- Data analysis and insight reporting for internal sharing, PR and special requests
- Be a mentor of proprietary tools
- 5+ years data analytics/modelling, marketing or research-related industry experience
- Good understanding on statistics and modelling/regression/Machine learning analysis; econometrics modelling experience is preferred
- Logical, analytical & highly sensitive to the numbers
- A team player with a strong commitment to deadlines
- Enjoy challenges and working with people across different department/industries
- Resourceful, pro-active and results oriented
- Synthesizes thoughts
- Good communication skill
- At least 3 capabilities of R, Python, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik.
Regional Meida Operations Excellence Manager
Operations Excellence Manager will report to the Media Operations Excellence Director in the region.
The Media Operations Excellence Manager will support our global markets to plan for and deliver operational and performance improvement, through the application of design thinking, process reengineering and organisational design activities. This role will support in a range of operational improvement projects from the development of dashboards, business analysis, targeted process changes and business restructuring. Working in collaboration with our in-market experts and leadership, this role will support the upskilling of operations capability in our market and proactively share knowledge, tools and experiences gained in market. The role will bring the range of skills to develop solutions that enhance or advance our markets performance, working in partnership with our Technology teams through design, build and implementation stages.
The role will form part of the Media Service Line (SL) Media Operations Excellence team engaging with market operational leaders and teams.
- Build strong relationships and engage with business leadership and other key stakeholders to drive transformational change and continuous improvement
- Facilitate process-led workshops and working sessions with local stakeholders to validate and prioritise opportunities and design end-to-end process solutions that drive business outcomes
- Work independently with the markets to conduct process & organisational analysis, including value stream mapping, spans and layers assessment, and cost analysis
- Conduct detailed data analysis to support transformation and client driven initiatives
- Bring a creative customer centric problem-solving mindset to develop solutions for our local markets in a way that are globally scalable
- Support multi-year planning for Media Operations Solutions including process optimisation, automation and offshoring to deliver business outcomes and value
- Support the upskilling and building of operations and process excellence capability in our markets
- Work with business partners to develop playbooks and processes that can be scaled globally
- Lead end to end transformation initiatives with a rigour around project management and benefits tracking
- Support the Media Operations Excellence Director and the Media Operations Excellence team to maintain global design integrity as solutions and business improvements are developed and rolled out in the markets
- Support the Operations Excellence Director in driving transformational initiatives across the service line
- Support the Media Global Delivery Network Lead to design and execute on associated offshoring opportunities with our markets
- Execute management system improvement and change management plans including visual management, performance dialogues, and KPI design and implementation
- Identify key process and business metrics and appropriate targets (local market) and inform the governance model to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Support the build of a culture of operations excellence in markets and across the region that can enable sustainable performance improvement and results
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant work experience in delivering operational improvement and redesign projects which drove customer value and impact
- 3 to 5+ years enhancing end-to-end processes applying LEAN Six Sigma, Design Thinking, and Service Design methodologies
- 3 to 5+ years leading implementation of strategic initiatives
- 3+ years of relevant experience in supporting change across a multi-location service model, ideally in complex, matrix organisations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience conducting detailed data analysis (FTE/Cost) that can be used to drive and support strategic initiatives
- Strong data analysis experience and expertise with Excel
- Experience and knowledge of using analytical tools like flow charts, benefit trees, and cost analysis
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Understanding and proven demonstration of skills required to support internal and external customers in a matrix organization undergoing significant change
- Experience of organisational design and process re-engineering within a multi-location model
- Knowledge and application experience of root cause analysis and value stream mapping
- Awareness of digital workforce trends and technology enabled transformational change
- Knowledge in developing and measuring of business-related metrics (KPIs)
- Proven experience and knowledge of using advanced Microsoft office and Business
- Improvement tools like MS BI / Tableau / Sisense
- Experience of stakeholder management and concise communication / presentation techniques for senior business audiences and stakeholders
- Natural team player with interpersonal skills including influencing and collaboration with others
- Proven experience of producing quality written/visual communication in core MS applications
- Proven experience and knowledge in developing and managing shared service processes to deliver leading class service is an asset
- Proven ability to work to challenging deadlines, and work flexibly in a changing and demanding fast paced environment
- Proven working experience in a media industry is an asset
- Fluent English language skills, other languages an advantage but not pre-requisite
- RESTful API/了解GraphQL
- 具有数据平台开发经验,掌握数据平台开发方法及相关知识, 如包括: ETL, Data Warehouse, Hadoop
- 持有PMP, ACP, NPDP证书者